Monday 15 April 2013

Anxiety

It's the last week of CreComm, and I'm waiting for the last day. Anxiously waiting. I choose to use the word "anxious" because I find it's the most accurate description.

I suffered anxiety when I was young, but it all went away eventually.

It came back.

CreComm is a difficult course, and when the work load began to add up, my anxiety returned. I was terrible at time management (attending school full-time and working over 30 hours a week) and began to lack interest. What was the point?

October 2012 was when it started up again. I was in a bad place when it came to my five year relationship, school was overwhelming, and I couldn't find time for me. I couldn't relax.

I wasn't eating much, and was constantly dehydrated. I got extremely shaky, my heart was beating so hard at times.

One day in October I was about to start my shift. I remember holding a coffee cup in the back at the staff table, talking to a fellow employee. I don't recall what we were talking about, but what I do remember, is everything going black and hearing a smash.

I passed out.

Ever since, it has been back. Not to the point of passing out. But where I psych myself out, my make my anxiety worse and worse. I've tried different ways of dealing with it, but I don't think that I took seriously enough.

Thus, I'm looking forward for the end of the semester where I can stop and think. I'm sure that doing things for me that will change my thoughts to a positive.

1. Water.
2. Proper nutrition.
3. Exercise.

An anxiety attack started a couple hours ago, and just by writing about it, I have found that it helps a bit. Talking about it is important.

Things are looking up, and I know I have the will to change all of this.

Happy thoughts with you :)








1 comment:

  1. I have also suffered from anxiety attacks this year, which has never happened before to me. Super strange. They are so unpredictable and frustrating. Thankfully the idea of "relaxation" can be put into practice in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete